- What information Vesta collects and how it is collected.
- How Vesta uses information.
- To whom Vesta may disclose information.
- How Vesta protects information.
- How individuals may access personal information to correct or delete it.
- How to contact Vesta for privacy inquiries and complaints.
- What independent third party to contact for resolving privacy disputes.
If you are a merchant, Vesta may collect the following types of information:
- When your company uses the Vesta services, Vesta may collect any or all of the personal information described above regarding your customers.
- We may collect a variety of information regarding your merchant activities with your customers, including but not limited to information regarding your order amounts and volume; order processing and handling time; abandon rates and completion rates of transactions; chargeback and refund amounts and percentages; customer fraud rates; and payment method patterns and volumes.
Purposes and Uses of Collected Information Vesta uses the information it collects to provide you or your customers with the Vesta services and to help us review, develop and improve the products and services we offer. In addition, when you or your customers use the Vesta services or process payment transactions with Vesta, we use the provided information to facilitate and complete the transactions; to validate customer or card information; to verify and append information to prevent and combat fraud; to comply with government regulations and card association rules; and to perform various research and analytics. We continue to use information you or your customers provide internally for record keeping, internal reporting, and support purposes, and to compile and disclose information in the aggregate where individual or user information is not identifiable. Disclosure of Collected Information Vesta may disclose your and your customers’ information under the following circumstances:
- To Vesta employees, contractors and agents to assist with any Vesta products and services provided to you or your customers by us now or in the future.
- To third party service providers in connection with ongoing merchant activity, including for underwriting, background checks and financial checks.
- To third party service providers in connection with customer support administration.
- To payment processors and banks in connection with processing your or your customers’ payments and settling the funds.
- In order to help Vesta with fraud prevention, debt collection, emergency services and crime prevention purposes, we may disclose information about you or your customers to debt collection agencies, fraud prevention agencies, security agencies, financial institutions, emergency services, crime prevention agencies and telecommunications companies.
- To other suppliers we engage to process data on our behalf in connection with providing Vesta services to you or your customers.
- We may provide aggregate information and statistics to third parties, for example, content partners and advertisers. These statistics will not include information that can be used to identify any individual.
- We may disclose personal information collected from you or your customers to persons or companies that we retain to carry out promotions and other activities for which you or your customers have registered or in which you or your customers have otherwise asked to participate.
- We may be required to disclose personal information in response to a lawful request by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.